TMS is uniquely positioned to be the optimum system for cities as it is highly configurable, by design, so different collection types and users can be catalogued and managed in one central system. The configurability means this can be achieved without the need for compromise – every user can have exactly the system and workflow they require.
Benefits for City Museums
- Each collection has specific users, data entry screens, reports and displays
- One central database to manage (running on Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle)
- Sophisticated security; permissions can be managed to field level
- TMS is licensed concurrently, so there is no need to purchase a license for every user
- eMuseum can be used to publish data for ‘read only’ users via the city intranet
- Web publishing toolkit to display collection information on the city website