eMuseum is a web-based software program that integrates seamlessly with TMS and other collection management systems to dynamically publish information to your website, Intranet, and kiosks.
With eMuseum, you can:
- Engage visitors with tools for creating personal groupings of favorite works
- Educate your community with online exhibitions and detailed information about works
- Entertain your audience through multi-media representations of works in your collection
How it works
eMuseum comes with a standard set of display templates that you can customize to match the look and feel of your website. The program takes a “snapshot” of records from your collection management system and publishes it online. Additionally, eMuseum’s simple, yet powerful “refresh” capability makes sure your published data remains up-to-date.
- eMuseum 4.0’s quick and easy installation could have your collection up and running in under an hour
- eMuseum 4.0 is a Java based solution, therefore it can be hosted on any operating system and Web server platform
Controlled Collection Access
- eMuseum 4.0 can be configured to reach different audiences. Non-public data can be easily restricted to authenticated users
- You maintain complete control over how collection records are grouped and displayed
Enhanced Site Navigation
- Breadcrumbs for easier navigation based on previously visited pages or searches
- Three ways to view data with related digital media - Details, Light Box, and List Views
- Skins / themes allow you to easily change the look of your site and XHTML compatible templates with CSS standards offer complete flexibility in your site's design
- eMuseum offers several ways to share related data. Configurable "relationships" allow you to easily expose related items based on any criteria
- "You May Also Be Interested In…" link can be configured to expose your audience to additional objects
Powerful Web-based Configuration Options
- Access security at the object, media, or collection level
- Automatic watermarking of images
- Search results aggregation and more…
EmbARK Web Kiosk
The EmbARK Web Kiosk turns your EmbARK data file into a virtual gallery that can be searched and configured to blend in with the look and feel of your existing web site.
Sixty institutions worldwide are already using the kiosk for their internet and intranet websites.
Extensive Security: Password protection and other securities are built into EmbARK Web Kiosk to ensure that you control the distribution and access to your collection. You dictate which records appear on the web and what specific data from those records can be viewed.
Multiple viewing options: The EmbARK Web Kiosk offers three separate options for visitors to explore your collection. They can search the collection using keywords or data fields from your EmbARK records (including partial searches, such as for a particular word in the title); choose pre-selected groups of related records from the Portfolio Index; or use the Index Tree/Collections as a virtual tour guide to the entire collection.
Useful Tool: EmbARK Web Kiosk can do more to attract new visitors to your web site and into your organization. It can also be used internally, to make information easily accessible to staff or students on your intranet. EmbARK Web Kiosk helps put information into the hands of those who need it.