Museum Software Documentation Intern
Gallery Systems is offering an exciting internship opportunity in our Product Management department to an exceptionally talented, detail-oriented candidate with strong writing and analytic skills. The internship position is responsible for documenting software applications in the Gallery Systems TMS Suite. Your role will require you to learn our industry-leading collections management software in detail.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A graduate degree or active progress towards a degree in Museum Studies, Art History, or Natural Sciences, with an interest in pursuing a career in museums or software
- Some past experience in the museum field
- Knowledge of museum collections management, media management, or conservation
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work well across teams, and independently
- Comfort with technology and relational databases is a plus
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the TMS Suite in depth
- Grow your skills and knowledge in collections management
- Gain valuable, hands-on work experience
This position is based in New York, with the flexibility to work up to 30 hours per week.
We are a progressive company, full of talented, bright, and self-directed people. We offer a quiet, collaborative work environment where creativity, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence are highly valued.
If you’re ready to work hard and take your career to the next level, we’re excited to meet you. Submit your resume, writing sample, and cover letter today to email@example.com
Local candidates only – no relocation. You must be legally qualified to work in the US. We are an equal opportunity employer.